Friday, June 25, 2010

You get my goat...

I only have a Bachelor's degree from the University of Akron, but if there's one thing I've learned, you can't bullshit the bullshitter.

So when the red-shirt tells me "Don't worry, the new 8th edition rulebook will make your Beastmen book make sense" I could see the company line buying its ticket, boarding the insane train, and start huffing down the track towards me.

Hey man, it's not that the Beastmen book doesn't make sense to me, it's that the book is a train-wreck! And no new rule in that 8th ed phone book is going to enlighten me on what a beautiful gem the Beastmen book must really be. Face it, this is (pretty much) how it went down:


(Nottingham, UK)
Scene 1, Studio Manager enters stage left, looking forlorn. At Phil (Kelly): "Did you hear about Andy? 'Is desk is cleaned out and he's not with us anymore."

Phil: "Oh drag, that's chav. Fancy a pint?"

Manager: "Nay, but we need you to collect his notes and finish the Beasts book."

Phil: "Blimey, I've got so much to do already!"

Manager: "Righty-O, well the rules are about halfway done already, so don't spend more than 15 minutes on it, 'coz we have to get it to the printer-bloke."

Phil: "Cheers, mate. I'll just put the ungors back on 20mm bases and call it a day!"

Manager: "Right, that'll do!"

(Three months later)

Me: O_o

1 comment:

  1. dammit...I have nothing to contribute to this beyond the tears that are streaming down my face from mirth...
    thank you Warchef!

    ReplyDelete